Symmetry and Structure: Readable Group Theory for Chemists, 3rd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Revised and updated for the modern, less mathematically minded, chemistry student
- Focuses on the applications and concepts of symmetry and structure and group theory rather than the complex maths which surround the subject
- The mathematical appendix is written at an accessible level and character tables have been give a pictorial interpretation in order to offer a deeper insight into the nature of irreducible representations
- Includes problems and summaries at the end of each chapter
- Provides detailed answers to frequently asked questions
- Features numerous diagrams and tables for ease of reading and to enhance student understanding
- All the applications of group theory covered are applied to the simple water molecule initially for greater student understanding
- Website showing movies of interacting orbital of vibrational stretches or of symmetry operations in effect upon orbital/vectors /molecules for students and lecturers