Unexpected Death in Childhood: A Handbook for Practitioners
Part of the prestigious NSPCC Wiley Series in Safeguarding Children - The Multi-Professional Approach.
A note on terminology.
Part 1: Understanding Childhood Death.
Chapter 1: A Family’s Journey (Anne Chalmers).
Chapter 2: Childhood Deaths in Context (Peter Sidebotham, and Peter Fleming).
Chapter 3: Natural Causes of Unexpected Childhood Deaths (Peter Fleming, and Peter Sidebotham).
Chapter 4: Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (Peter Blair).
Chapter 5: Deaths from Unintentional Injuries (Jo Sibert, and Peter Sidebotham).
Chapter 6: Fatal Child Maltreatment (Peter Sidebotham).
Part 2: Responding When a Child Dies.
Chapter 7: Responding to Unexpected Child Deaths (Peter Sidebotham, and Peter Fleming).
Chapter 8: Police Investigation in Unexpected Childhood Deaths (John Fox).
Chapter 9:The Paediatric Post-Mortem Examination (Phil Cox).
Chapter 10: Supporting Families (Alison Stewart, and Ann Dent).
Part 3: Learning Lessons.
Chapter 11: Reviewing Child Deaths (Martin Ward Platt).
Chapter 12: Serious Case Reviews (Paul Tudor, and Peter Sidebotham).
Emergency Department Flowchart and checklist .
1. Emergency Department Flow Chart and Checklist.
2. History Proforma.
3. Physical Examination Proforma.
4. Laboratory Investigations.
5. Scene Examination Proforma.
6. Resources for Bereave Adults.
7. Resources for Professionals.
8. Practical Information for Families.
9. Opportunities to be with Their Child.
10. Creating Footprints, Photographs and Mementoes..
11. A Framework to Guide Visiting..
12. Child Bereavement Network Belief Statement..
13. Local Case Discussion Proforma..
14. Child Death Review Core Dataset..
15. CDRT Proforma for Analysis..
16. Tools for Developing a Child Death Review Team.
Peter Fleming, Professor of Infant Health and Development, University of Bristol, UK, Consultant Paediatrician, United Bristol Healthcare NHS Trust.
"It gives practical advice to professionals and can be recommended for specialists in legal medicine and specialists from other fields." (International Journal of Legal Medicine, 2008)
Unexpected Death in Childhood: A Handbook for Practitioners (US $60.95)
Total List Price: US $112.90
Discounted Price: US $84.67 (Save: US $28.23)