Severe and Enduring Eating Disorder (SEED): Management of Complex Presentations of Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa
- Explores the clinical challenge of long-term eating disorders—often compounded by co-morbidity with depression, self-harm, OCD or psychosis
- Eating disorders can persist for many years, yet are rarely classified as ‘severe and enduring’ in the way that other disorders such as schizophrenia can be
- Introduces Severe and Enduring Eating Disorder (SEED) as a concept, and draws on detailed case histories to describe its assessment and treatment
- Examines the physical and psychological problems, family issues and difficulties in day-to-day living that patients with SEED can experience
- Discusses treatment approaches including Rehabilitation Eating Disorders Psychiatry—also covers treatment in a range of different settings
About the Author.
2 SEED, Psychiatric Considerations.
3 Medical Aspects of SEED.
4 Social and Occupational Aspects of SEED.
5 Family Life with SEED.
6 Care Programming in SEED.
7 A Pilot Case Series Using Qualitative and Quantitative Methods: Biological, Psychological and Social Outcome in Severe and Enduring Eating Disorder (Anorexia Nervosa).
8 A Comparison between SEED and Chronic Schizophrenia.
9 99 Research Ideas.
'In this short book, he sets out the case against the trivialisation and relative neglect of eating disorders in general and builds the case that in particular a substantial number of people, mainly with chronic Anorexia Nervosa, have disorders that are, by any rational standard, both severe and enduring. The book describes the problems of such people and how they may be approached and at least ameliorated. It is sensible, lively, useful and thought-provoking. All clinicians involved with eating disorders should read it.
--Professor Bob Palmer, Psychiatry, University of Leicester
"In an era of therapeutic optimism and belief in the healing powers of brief psychological therapies, the plight of people with severe and enduring eating disorders remains a neglected topic. Drawing on parallels and differences to other severe mental disorders, this unique book provides a sound and practical framework for working with these patients. Thoughtful, compassionate, easy-to-read, and imbued with the author's considerable clinical wisdom and research knowledge, this book fills an important gap."
--Professor Ulrike H. Schmidt, Professor of Eating Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London
-- Dr Stephen Wonderlich, Associate Chairperson and Professor, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences and Director of Clinical Research, Neuropsychiatric Research Institute
Severe and Enduring Eating Disorder (SEED): Management of Complex Presentations of Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa (US $155.95)
Total List Price: US $213.95
Discounted Price: US $160.46 (Save: US $53.49)