Photoalignment of Liquid Crystalline Materials: Physics and Applications
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Photoalignment of Liquid Crystalline Materials covers state-of-the-art techniques and key applications, as well as the authors’ own diffusion model for photoalignment. The book aims to stimulate new research and development in the field of liquid crystalline photoalignment and in so doing, enable the technology to be used in large scale LCD production.
- Provides a full examination of the mechanisms of photoalignment.
- Examines the properties of liquid crystals during photoalignment, with particular reference made to the effect on their chemical structure and stability.
- Considers the most useful photosensitive materials and preparation procedures suitable for liquid crystalline photoalignment.
- Presents several methods for photoalignment of liquid crystals.
- Compares various applications of photoalignment technology for in-cell patterned polarizers and phase retarders, transflective and micro displays, security and other liquid crystal devices.
Through its interdisciplinary approach, this book is aimed at a wide range of practising electrical engineers, optical engineers, display technologists, materials scientists, physicists and chemists working on the development of liquid crystal devices. It will also appeal to researchers and graduate students taking courses on liquid crystals or display technologies.
The Society for Information Display (SID) is an international society, which has the aim of encouraging the development of all aspects of the field of information display. Complementary to the aims of the society, the Wiley-SID series is intended to explain the latest developments in information display technology at a professional level. The broad scope of the series addresses all facets of information displays from technical aspects through systems and prototypes to standards and ergonomics