Diabetes in Old Age, 3rd Edition
Diabetes in Old Age 3e provides guidance, best practice points and key learning outcomes in each area covered, and identifies the published evidence base for each major conclusion. Different approaches to optimising diabetes care in the community, primary care and secondary care health care arenas are presented. The role of the diabetes specialist nurse in diabetes care is also covered.
Diabetes in Old Age 3e is essential reading for
diabetologists, diabetes specialist nurses, primary care
physicians, general physicians and geriatricians, podiatrists and
dieticians with an interest in diabetes, as well as all health
professionals engaged in the delivery of diabetes care, including
social services and health professionals providing care to older
1. Pathophysiology of diabetes in the elderly (Graydon S. Meneilly).
2 Diabetes-related risk factors in older people (Stephen Colagiuri and Daniel Davies).
PART II: SCREENING AND DIAGNOSIS.
3. Diabetes in the elderly; diagnosis, testing and screening (Simon Croxson).
PART III: VASCULAR COMPLICATIONS.
4. Peripheral arterial disease in old people with diabetes (Leocadio R. Manas, Cristina A. Bouzon and Marta C. Rodriquez).
5. Coronary heart disease (Ahmed H. Abdelhafiz).
6. Stroke and diabetes (Janice E. O’Connell and Christopher S. Gray).
7. Diabetes-related renal disease in older people (M Latana A. Munang and John M, Starr).
8. Management of eye disease and visual loss (Nina Tumosa).
9. The diabetic foot (Andrew J. M. Boulton and Matthew J. Young).
10. Diabetic neuropathy (Solomon Tesfaye).
11. Erectile dysfunction (Tamás Varkonyi and Peter Kempler).
PART IV: TREATMENT AND CARE ISSUES.
12. Metabolic risk factors, obesity and cardiometabolic syndrome (Giuseppe Paolisso and Raffaele Marfella).
13. Perspectives on diabetes care in old age: a focus on frailty (Andrej Zeyfang and Jeremy D. Walston).
14. Metabolic decompensation in the elderly (Giuseppe Paolisso and Michelangela Barbieri).
15. Nutritional perspectives: diabetes in older people (Begoña Molina and Alan J. Sinclair).
16. Early management of type 2 diabetes (Alan J. Sinclair).
17. Drug therapy: current and emerging agents for hyperglycaemia (Joe M. Chehade and Arshag D.Mooradian).
18. Insulin therapy (Marg McGill and Dennis Yue).
19. Treatment of hypertension (Peter Fasching).
20. Treatment of dyslipidaemia (Peter Fasching).
21. Hypoglycaemia (Vincent McAulay and Brian M. Frier).
22. Diabetes in care homes (Alan J. Sinclair and Terry Aspray).
23. Primary and community care of diabetes in older people (Roger Gadsby).
24. Diabetes care in special circumstances (Jay Chillala, and Gurch Randhawa).
25. Managing surgery in the elderly diabetic patient (Geoffrey Gill and Susan Benbow).
PART V: MANAGEMENT OF ASSOCIATED COMPLICATIONS.
26. The implications of the evolving diabetes epidemic for disability in older adults (Edward W. Gregg and Linda Geiss).
27. Diabetes and cognitive dysfunction (Alan J. Sinclair and Koula G. Asimakopoulou).
28. Depression and diabetes in older adults (Arie Nouwen and Jan R. Oyebode).
29. Falls and diabetes (Christine C. Cigolle and Caroline S. Blaum).
PART VI: OPTIMIZING DIABETES CARE IN OLDER PEOPLE.
30. The role of specialist nurses and other members of the multidisciplinary team (Carolin D. Taylor and Timothy J. Hendra).
31. Diabetes education in the elderly (Charles Fox and Anne Kilvert).
32. Supporting the family and informal carers (Antony Bayer and Alan J. Sinclair).
33. Diabetes mellitus care models for older people (Isabelle Bourdel-Marchasson and John E. Morley).
34. Further Initiatives to Enhance Diabetes Care in Older People (Alan J. Sinclair).
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Diabetes in Old Age, 3rd Edition (US $163.00)
-and- Diabetic Emergencies: Diagnosis and Clinical Management (US $80.95)
Total List Price: US $243.95
Discounted Price: US $182.96 (Save: US $60.99)