Acute Ischemic Stroke: An Evidence-based Approach
- Focused on acute ischemic stroke, the most rapidly growing area of stroke management
- Evidence based: Provides best evidence for treatment
- Clearly discusses areas and topics where best evidence has not yet been established
- Lays out treatment plans and protocols in handbook fashion for ease of use and reference, even in emergency situations
- Includes latest and cutting-edge techniques and equipment for dealing with AIS
Acute Ischemic Stroke: An Evidence-based Approach is an indispensable reference work for neurologists, neurocritical care medics, intensivists, hospitalists, emergency room physicians, neurology residents and fellows. It is also a helpful resource for medical students, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners in hospital and neurocritical care facilities.
1. Stroke: Historical Perspectives and Future Directions (Magdy Selim, MD, PhD).
2. Neuroimaging of the Acute Stroke Patient (William A. Copen, MD, and Michael H. Lev, MD).
3. Intravenous Thrombolysis (Sherry H.-Y. Chou, MD, and Eric E. Smith, MD, MPH, FRCPC).
4. Endovascular Approaches to Acute Stroke (Raul G. Nogueira, MD, Guilherme C. Dabus, MD, Joshua A. Hirsch, MD, and Lee H. Schwamm, MD).
5. Nonthrombolytic Acute Stroke Therapies (Aneesh B. Singhal, MD, Larami MacKenzie, MD, and Joshua M. Levine, MD).
6. Surgical Management of Acute Stroke Patients (Alim P. Mitha, MD, Carlos E. Sanchez, MD, and Christopher S. Ogilvy, MD).
7. Antithrombotic Therapy for Acute Stroke (Orla Sheehan, MD, BAO, BCh, MRCPI, and Peter Kelly, MD, MS, FRCPI).
8. Intensive Care Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke (Kevin N. Sheth, MD, and David M. Greer, MD, MA).
9. Evaluation of Acute Stroke Etiologies (Karen L. Furie, MD, MPH, Michael H. Lev, MD, Walter J. Koroshetz, MD, and David M. Greer, MD, MA).
10. TeleStroke: Application of Telemedicine in Acute Ischemic Stroke (Eric S. Rosenthal, MD, and Lee H. Schwamm, MD).
"Great reference, with clear reviews of all the major clinical acute stroke topics.... Ideal information tool for someone needing to make a relatively up-to-date presentation." (Journal of the American Medical Association, May 2008)