Principles of Modern Digital Design
2. Fundamental Concepts of Digital Logic.
3. Combinational Logic Design.
4. Fundamentals of Synchronous Sequential Circuits.
5. VHDL in Digital Design.
6. Combinational Logic Design using VHDL.
7. Synchronous Sequential Circuit Design.
8. Counter Design.
9. Sequential Circuit Design using VHDL.
10. Asynchronous Sequential Circuits.
Appendix A. CMOS Logic.
Parag K. Lala, PhD, DSc(Eng), is the Cary and Lois Patterson Chair of Electrical Engineering at Texas A&M University-Texarkana. Dr. Lala is the author of five books, including Fault-Tolerant and Fault-Testable Hardware Design and Practical Digital Logic Design and Testing. Dr. Lala was named a Fellow of the IEEE for "contributions to the development of self-checking logic and associated checker design." He is also a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, United Kingdom.
Book covers current technology and design methodologies using industry standard terminology
Book has VHDL-based logic design examples and contains Quartus II software package on accompanying CD
There is an introduction to FPGAs
Book is accompanied by Instructor's Solution Manual as well as Powerpoint slides for classroom presentation