Nonparametric Statistics with Applications to Science and Engineering
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- The use of MATLAB subroutines, ideal for engineers and students/readers in the physical sciences, differentiates this book from the plethora of competition that typically employs Minitab, S-Plus, SAS, or R.
- The emphasis on modern topics such as goodness of fit, curve fitting, splines, robust analysis, empirical likelihood, Kaplan Meier estimation, machine learning and wavelets, is first-and-foremost. This said, however, traditional topics are presented when and where necessary.
- The book is written at a beginning graduate level; it will appeal to both ends of the spectrum where there is natural overlap (i.e. advanced upper undergraduates and beginning Ph. D. candidates). The versatility of the level and the emphasis on engineering and science applications are redeeming qualities.
- This book is written as a textbook, complete with exercise sets and chapter pedagogy such as chapter reviews, plentiful examples, and multiple running heads.
- The presentation is crisp and to-the-point. The authors take careful effort to word-craft the text.