Geometry For Dummies, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Before you know it, you’ll be devouring proofs with relish. You’ll find out how a proof’s chain of logic works and discover some basic secrets for getting past rough spots. Soon, you’ll be proving triangles congruent, calculating circumferences, using formulas, and serving up pi. The non-proof parts of the book contain helpful formulas and tips that you can use anytime you need to shape up your knowledge of shapes. You’ll even get a feel for why geometry continues to draw people to careers in art, engineering, carpentry, robotics, physics, and computer animation, among others.You’ll discover how to:
- Identify lines, angles, and planes
- Measure segments and angles
- Calculate the area of a triangle
- Use tips and strategies to make proofs easier
- Figure the volume and surface area of a pyramid
- Bisect angles and construct perpendicular lines
- Work with 3-D shapes
- Work with figures in the x-y coordinate system
So quit scratching your head. Geometry For Dummies, 2nd Edition, gets you un-stumped in a hurry.