Bayesian Networks and Probabilistic Inference in Forensic Science
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Includes self-contained introductions to both Bayesian networks and probability.
- Features implementation of the methodology using HUGIN, the leading Bayesian networks software.
- Presents basic standard networks that can be implemented in commercially and academically available software packages, and that form the core models necessary for the reader’s own analysis of real cases.
- Provides a technique for structuring problems and organizing uncertain data based on methods and principles of scientific reasoning.
- Contains a method for constructing coherent and defensible arguments for the analysis and evaluation of forensic evidence.
- Written in a lucid style, suitable for forensic scientists with minimal mathematical background.
- Includes a foreword by David Schum.
The clear and accessible style makes this book ideal for all forensic scientists and applied statisticians working in evidence evaluation, as well as graduate students in these areas. It will also appeal to scientists, lawyers and other professionals interested in the evaluation of forensic evidence and/or Bayesian networks.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Bayesian Networks and Probabilistic Inference in Forensic Science (US $115.00)
-and- Data Analysis in Forensic Science: A Bayesian Decision Perspective (US $98.95)
Total List Price: US $213.95
Discounted Price: US $160.46 (Save: US $53.49)