A Community Health Approach to the Assessment of Infants and their Parents: The CARE Programme
1. Introduction: Childcare and Protection – a Public Health Approach.
2. Overview of the CARE. Programme: the First Year of Life.
3. The Index of Need.
4. The Emotional Development of Infants and their Parents.
5. Observation of Parent-infant Interaction.
6. Caseload Management.
7. How to Help Parents in the Best Interests of the Child.
8. Child Protection.
9. Case Illustrations of the CARE Package.
10. Evaluation of the C.A.R.E Programme.
11. Conclusion – the Cost Effectiveness of Community Nurse Home Visiting.
Appendix 1: ‘Looking at Your Needs’ Booklet for Midwives.
Appendix 2: ‘Looking at Your Needs’ Booklet for Health Visitors.
Appendix 3: Form A.
Appendix 4: Form B.
Appendix 5: Form C.
Kevin Browne is Professor of Forensic and Family Psychology at Birmingham University. He has edited two Wiley books, and was one of Child Abuse Review's founding editors.
Catherine Hamilton is a lecturer in Applied Psychology at the University of Birmingham. She is co-editor of Early Prediction and Prevention of Child Abuse, which was published by Wiley.
A Community Health Approach to the Assessment of Infants and their Parents: The CARE Programme (US $150.00)
Total List Price: US $208.95
Discounted Price: US $156.71 (Save: US $52.24)