Broadband Optical Access Networks and Fiber-to-the-Home: Systems Technologies and Deployment Strategies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Compared with the currently well-deployed broadband access technologies of ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) and Cable Modems, optical broadband access with Fiber-to-the-User’s home will cater for much higher speed access for new services.
Broadband Optical Access Networks and Fiber-to-the-Home presents a comprehensive technical overview of key technologies and deployment strategies for optical broadband access networks and emerging new broadband services. The authors discuss network design considerations, new services, deployment trends and operational experiences, while explaining the current situation and providing insights into future broadband access technologies and services.
Broadband Optical Access Networks and Fiber-to-the-Home:
- Offers a comprehensive, up-to-date introduction to new developments in broadband access network technologies and services.
- Examines the impact of research and development in photonics technologies on broadband access and FTTH.
- Covers ADSL, VDSL with FTTC (Fiber-to-the-Curb), Cable Modem over HFC (Hybrid-Fiber Coax) and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Discusses the roles of Broadband Wireless LAN and integrated FTTH/Wireless Broadband Access as well as Broadband Home Networks.
- Provides a global view of broadband network development, presenting different technical and system deployment approaches and strategic considerations for comparison.
- Gives insight into the worldwide broadband competition and the future of this technology.
Broadband Optical Access Networks and Fiber-to-the-Home will be an invaluable resource for engineers in research and development, network planners, business managers, consultants as well as analysts and educators for a better understanding of the future of broadband in the field of telecommunications, data communications, and broadband multimedia service industries.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Broadband Optical Access Networks and Fiber-to-the-Home: Systems Technologies and Deployment Strategies (US $135.00)
-and- Fiber to the Home: The New Empowerment (US $68.99)
Total List Price: US $203.99
Discounted Price: US $152.99 (Save: US $51.00)