GPRS in Practice: A Companion to the Specifications
- Provides descriptions of why procedures are specified and then clearly explains how the specifications work in practice
- Provides a layered view of the GPRS protocol and deals in detail with each layer separately
- Includes numerous acronyms and abbreviations accompanied by their full meaning
An invaluable resource for Mobile network operators, Development and deployment engineers and Handset designers.
2. Radio Channels, Physical channels and Logical Channels - the GSM/GPRS Air Interface.
3. Air Interface Frame and Multiframe Structures.
4. The TBF and the MAC Layer.
5. An Introduction to Protocol Layers Data Flow.
6. GPRS Mobile Station Characteristics.
7. Operations in the Physical Layers.
8. RLC/MAC Layer Procedures.
9. LLC Layer Procedures.
10. GMM Layer Procedures.
11. SM Layer Procedures.
12. SNDCP Procedures.
Appendix 1: GMSK and EDGE.
Appendix 2: System Information and Packet System Information.
Appendix 3: Inter-Layer Primitives.
Appendix 4: Mobile Station Uplink Power Control.
Appendix 5: A Possible Problem with UL TBFs When the Application Layer is Using TCP/IP.