Chemical Reactor Design and Control
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Chemical Reactor Design and Control uses process simulators like Matlab, Aspen Plus, and Aspen Dynamics to study the design of chemical reactors and their dynamic control. There are numerous books that focus on steady-state reactor design. There are no books that consider practical control systems for real industrial reactors. This unique reference addresses the simultaneous design and control of chemical reactors. After a discussion of reactor basics, it:
- Covers three types of classical reactors: continuous stirred tank (CSTR), batch, and tubular plug flow
- Emphasizes temperature control and the critical impact of steady-state design on the dynamics and stability of reactors
- Covers chemical reactors and control problems in a plantwide environment
- Incorporates numerous tables and shows step-by-step calculations with equations
- Discusses how to use process simulators to address diverse issues and types of operations