Handbook of Plastics Testing and Failure Analysis, 3rd Edition
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Preface to Third Edition.
Preface to Second Edition.
Preface to First Edition.
1 Basic Concepts in Advancement and Testing Technology.
2 Mechanical Properties.
3 Thermal Properties.
4 Electrical Properties.
5 Weathering Properties.
6 Optical Properties.
7 Material Characterization Tests.
9 Chemical Properties.
10 Analytical Tests.
11 Conditioning Properties.
12 Miscellaneous Tests.
13 Identifi cation Analysis of Plastic Materials.
14 Testing of Foam Plastics.
15 Failure Analysis.
16 Quality Control.
17 Product Liabilities and Testing.
18 Nondestructive Testing and Measurements.
19 Professional and Testing Organizations.
20 Uniform Global Testing Standards.
Appendix A: Index of Equipment Manufacturers.
Appendix B: Abbreviations: Polymeric Materials.
Appendix C: Glossary.
Appendix D: Trade Names.
Appendix E: Standards Organizations.
Appendix F: Trade Publications.
Appendix G: Independent Testing Laboratories.
Appendix H: Specifi cations.
Appendix I: Charts and Tables.
Appendix J: Plastic / Polymer Educational Programs in the United States and Canada.
Appendix K: Figure 15-5. New Application Checklist.
- Updates the successful 2nd edition to meet the changes in collecting and analyzing plastics data. The book details the new ways data is collected, displayed, and analyzed.
- Expands the prior edition’s coverage of failure analysis due to increased litigation related to product liability.
- Covers all aspects of plastics testing, failure analysis and quality assurance, with special chapters on identification analysis, failure analysis, and case studies
- Includes a CD with a video tour of a plastics testing plant and a substantial appendix section for ready reference
- Serves as reference and introductory guide for anyone involved in plastics, manufacturing, research, design, testing, failure analysis, and education