Barley for Food and Health: Science, Technology, and Products
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
1. Barley History: Relationship of Humans and Barley Through the Ages.
Domestication and Use of Barley for Food.
2. Barley: Taxonomy, Morphology, and Anatomy.
Morphology and Anatomy.
3. Barley Biotechnology: Breeding and Transgenics.
Improving the Barley Crop.
4. Barley: Genetics and Nutrient Composition.
Genetics and Nutrient Composition.
Genetics and Physical Characteristics.
5. Barley Processing: Methods and Product Composition.
Special and Miscellaneous Processes.
6. Evaluation of Food Product Quality.
7. Barley Food Product Research and Development.
Health Claims for Barley.
Barley as a Functional Food.
Β-Glucan: The Challenge of Barley as Food.
Yeast Breads Made with Barley Flour.
Flatbreads Made with Barley Flour.
Chemically Leavened Baked Products Made with Barley Flour.
Pasta Made with Barley Flour.
Barley Brewers’ and Distillers’ Grains Used in Foods.
Pearled and Other Forms of Barley.
Malted Barley Products in Foods.
Miscellaneous Barley Products.
8. Health Benefits of Barley Foods.
Barley and Heart Disease.
Glycemic Response to Carbohydrate Consumption.
Beneficial Effects of Resistant Starch in Barley on the Intestinal Tract.
9. Current Status of Global Barley Production and Utilization.
Outlook for Barley Food.
10. Barley Foods: Selected Traditional Barley Recipes.
East Africa: Ethiopia.
Northeastern Europe: Finland.
Appendix 1. Glossary: Botany and Plants.
Appendix 2: Glossary: Food and Nutrition.
Appendix 3: Glossary: Barley Terms.
Appendix 4: Equivalent Weights and Measures.
Appendix 5: Sources of Barley and Barley Products.
Appendix 6: Barley Resource Organizations.