Advanced Safety Management Focusing on Z10 and Serious Injury Prevention
Advanced Safety Management gives you the information and guidance you need to ensure that your organization can implement the ANSI Z10 standard. The book also helps you determine and prepare for the beneficial effects that integrating its provisions can have on productivity, cost efficiency, and quality.
Among the key topics the author addresses are specific provisions in the ANSI standard not yet covered by typical safety management systems, such as:
Risk assessment methods and prioritization
Applying a prescribed hierarchy of controls
Implementing and performing safety design reviews
Including safety specifications in purchasing and procurement systems
Management of change systems
Recognizing that typical safety management systems do not often include particularly crafted provisions for serious injury and fatality prevention, the author also provides detailed guidance to help you manage this crucial issue. You therefore not only learn how to meet the new Z10 standard, but you also learn how to integrate best practices for the prevention of serious injuries in your workplace.
The bestselling author of this book, Fred Manuele, is a Fellow of the American Society of Safety Engineers, with more than five decades of experience in the practice of safety. His advice is based not only on the latest research findings, but also on his own firsthand experience in helping organizations implement successful safety management systems. Following his clear guidance, you and your organization can implement Z10 provisions and avoid serious work-place injuries.
1. An Overview of ANSI/AIHA Z10-2005: the American National Standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management systems.
2. The Plan-Do-Check-Act Concept (PDCA).
3. Serious Injury Prevention.
4. Human Error Reduction.
5. Management Leadership and Employee Participation - Section 3.0.
6. Achieving Acceptable Risk Levels: The Operational Goal.
7. Planning - Section 4.0.
8. A Primer on Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment - Section 4.2.
9. Including Risk Assessment Provisions in Standards and Guidelines: A Trend.
10. Three and Four Dimensional Numerical Risk Scoring Systems.
11. Implementation and Operation - Section 5.0.
12. Hierarchy of Controls: The Safety Decision Hierarchy - Section 5.1.1.
13. Safety Design Reviews - Section 5.1.2.
14. Lean Concepts: Opportunities for Safety Professionals.
15. Management of Change - Section 5.1.2.
16. The Procurement Process - Section 5.1.3.
17. Evaluation and Corrective Action - Section 6.0.
18. Incident Investigation - Section 6.2.
19. Audit Requirements - Section 6.3.
20. Management Review - Section 7.0.
21. Z10, Other Safety Standards and Guidelines, and VPP Certification.
Fred A. Manuele, CSP, PE, is President of Hazards, Limited. He was awarded the honor of Fellow by the American Society of Safety Engineers, inducted into the Safety and Health Hall of Fame International, and given the Distinguished Service to Safety Award by the National Safety Council. He is the author of On the Practice of Safety and Innovations in Safety Management, both from Wiley.
Advanced Safety Management Focusing on Z10 and Serious Injury Prevention (US $103.95)
-and- Risk Reduction Methods for Occupational Safety and Health (US $75.95)
Total List Price: US $179.90
Discounted Price: US $134.92 (Save: US $44.98)