Group Policy, Profiles, and IntelliMirror for Windows 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000: Mark Minasi Windows Administrator Library
- Create and manage all Group Policy functions within Active Directory
- Understand Group Policy differences in Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows 2003 systems
- Troubleshoot Group Policy using Support tools, Resource Kit utilities, log files, registry hacks, and third-party tools
- Create and deploy custom settings for managing client systems
- Manage, secure, and audit client and server systems
- Script complex operations, including linking, back-up, restore, permissions changes, and migrating
- Set up Local, Roaming, and Mandatory profiles
- Set up and manage IntelliMirror components with Group Policy
- Use Group Policy Software Installation to perform hands-off installations
- Use Remote Installation Services to automate the installation of new Windows systems
- Ensure the safety of your users' data with Redirected Folders and Shadow Copies
About the Series
The Mark Minasi Windows Administrator Library is designed to equip system administrators with in-depth technical solutions to the many challenges associated with administering Windows in an enterprise setting. The series editor is leading Windows NT/2003 expert Mark Minasi, who selects the topics and authors and develops and reviews each book to ensure that every entry in the series meets your needs and helps you achieve your goals.
Chapter 1 Group Policy Essentials.
Chapter 2 Managing Group Policy with the GPMC.
Chapter 3 Group Policy Processing Behavior.
Chapter 4 Troubleshooting Group Policy.
Chapter 5 Windows ADM Templates.
Chapter 6 Implementing Security with Group Policy.
Chapter 7 Scripting GPMC Operations.
Chapter 8 Profiles: Local, Roaming, and Mandatory.
Chapter 9 IntelliMirror, Part 1: Redirected Folders, Offline Files, Synchronization Manager, and Disk Quotas.
Chapter 10 IntelliMirror, Part 2: Software Deployment via Group Policy.
Chapter 11 Beyond IntelliMirror: Shadow Copies and Remote Installation Services.