Electric Power Planning for Regulated and Deregulated Markets
April 2007, Wiley-IEEE Press
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- Includes descriptions of generation and transmission network equipment
- Provides an overview of the regulatory framework, system design and systems operations for ensuring reliable delivery of power
- Presents system planning across different time horizons with the objective of minimizing power production costs
- Explains the principles and architecture of a market environment coupling operational imperatives with financial transactions
- Addresses approaches of various participants, including power producers, retailers, and integrated energy companies toward bidding in day ahead markets, managing risks in forward markets, portfolio development and investment analysis
- Provides numerous examples addressing cost minimization, price forecasting, contract valuation, portfolio risk measurement and others
- Examines past news events and explains what went wrong at Three Mile Island, the Northeast blackout of 2003, and the California energy crisis
This is an ideal reference for professionals in the public and private power service sectors such as engineers, lawyers, systems specialists, economists, financial analysts, policy analysts, and applied mathematicians.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Electric Power Planning for Regulated and Deregulated Markets (US $150.00)
Total List Price: US $407.00
Discounted Price: US $305.25 (Save: US $101.75)