PC Technician Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to CompTIA A+ Skills
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Hit the ground running with the street-smart training you'll find in this practical book. Using a "year in the life" approach, it gives you an inside look at the common responsibilities of PC Technicians, with key information organized around the actual day-to-day tasks, scenarios, and challenges you'll face in the field. This valuable training tool is loaded with hands-on, step-by-step exercises covering all phases of a PC Technician's job, including:
- Installing hardware and software
- Maintaining hardware and software
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and networks
- Installing and upgrading security systems
An invaluable study tool
This no-nonsense book also covers the common tasks that CompTIA expects all of its A+ certification candidates to know how to perform. So whether you're preparing for certification or seeking practical skills to break into the field, you'll find the instruction you need, including:
- Installing or replacing a power supply
- Installing or replacing a laptop hard drive
- Upgrading Windows(r) 2000 to Windows(r) XP
- Scanning for and removing viruses
- Installing printer drivers
- Troubleshooting your network
The Street Smarts series is designed to help current or aspiring IT professionals put their certification to work for them. Full of practical, real world scenarios, each book features actual tasks from the field and then offers step-by-step exercises that teach the skills necessary to complete those tasks. And because the exercises are based upon exam objectives from leading technology certifications, each Street Smarts book can be used as a lab manual for certification prep.