Handbook of Food Products Manufacturing: Health, Meat, Milk, Poultry, Seafood, and Vegetables, Volume 2
* Includes an overview of food manufacturing principles
* Presents details of commercial processing for each commodity including (where appropriate) a general introduction, ingredients, technologies, types and evaluation of industrial products, special problems, types and evaluation of consumer products, and processing and product trends
* For each commodity, information includes the details of commercial processing of several representative foods.
PART B: FOOD PRODUCTS MANUFACTURING (CONTINUED).
Section XII: Health Ingredients and Health Products Development for Preventing or Treating Human Diseases.
46. Bioactive Peptides from Food Proteins (Hannu Korhonen and Anne Pihlanto).
47. Lipid-Soluble Vitamins: Nutritional and Functional Aspects (Antonio Pérez-Gálvez and María Isabel Mínguez-Mosquera).
48. Phytochemicals in Mediterranean Diet: The Interaction Between Tomato and Olive Oil Bioactive Compounds (Rita Pernice, Paola Vitaglione, Raffaele Sacchi, and Vincenzo Fogliano).
49. Functional Microbes: Technology for Health Foods (Maria Saarela and Tiina Mattila-Sandholm).
50. Enterococci and Dairy Products (Giorgio Giraffa).
51. Fermented Milk: Health Benefits Beyond Probiotic Effect (Todor Vasiljevic and Nagendra P. Shah).
52. Application of Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals in Allergic Disorders: Principles and Potential (Venu Gangur).
53. Functional Foods, Herbs, and Aging (Carlos Kusano Bucalen Ferrari).
54. Functional Foods and Gastrointestinal Disorders (Jude Ryan, Shomik Sibartie, Liam O'Mahony, and Fergus Shanahan).
55. Herbs in the Management of Diabetes Mellitus with an Emphasis on Ginseng (Vladimir Vuksan and John L. Sievenpiper).
56. Functional Foods and Minerals: Calcium (John J.B. Anderson).
Section XIII: Meat and Meat Products.
57. Thermal Processing (Isabel Guerrero Legarreta).
58. Ham (Fidel Toldrá).
59. Sausages (Fidel Toldrá and Milagro Reig).
60. Fermented Meat Production (Fidel Toldrá).
61. Processed Pork Meat Flavors (Fidel Toldrá and Mónica Flores).
62. Sensory Quality of Meat Products (Fidel Toldrá and Mónica Flores).
Section XIV: Milk and Milk Products.
63. Processing Quality Fluid Milk Products (James V. Chambers and Somjit Surapat).
64. Milk Composition, Physical and Processing Characteristics (Ramesh C. Chandan).
65. Genetics and Milk Production (Stephanie Clark and Michael J. Costello).
66. Flavored Milks (Kayanush J. Aryana).
67. Fermented Milks Popular in Europe and North America (A.Y. Tamime and R.K. Robinson).
68. Fermented Milk in Asia (Sardar Iftekharudin Ahmed and Jutatip Wangsai).
69. Goat Milk, Its Products and Nutrition (Young W. Park and George F.W. Haenlein).
70. Bioactive Peptides in Dairy Products (Marco Gobbetti, Fabio Minervini, and Carlo Giuseppe Rizzello).
71. Science and Technology of Sour Cream (Wilfried Rieder).
72. Dairy Protein Hydrolysates (Ifendu A. Nnanna and Chao Wu).
73. The Manufacture and Applications of Casein-Derived Ingredients (John E. O’Connell and Cal Flynn).
74. Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts (Arun Kilara and Ramesh C. Chandan).
75. Frozen Novelties (Jonathan Hopkinson).
76. Yogurt (Lisa Pannell and Tonya C. Schoenfuss).
77. Infant Formulas (G. Boehm, C. Beermann, G. Georgi, and B. Stahl).
78. Biochemical Processes in the Production of Flavor in Milk and Milk Products (Tanoj K. Singh, Keith R. Cadwallader, and MaryAnne Drake).
Section XV: Poultry Products.
79. Poultry Marination (Edith Ponce-Alquicira).
80. Poultry Sausages (Alfonso Totosaus and M. Lourdes Pérez-Chabela).
81. Flavor of Fresh and Frozen Poultry (Edith Ponce-Alquicira).
82. Edible Packaging for Poultry and Poultry Products (Baciliza Quintero-Salazar and Edith Ponce-Alquicira).
Section XVI: Seafood.
83. Frozen Seafood Products Description (Nanna Cross).
84. Processing Frozen Seafoods (Shann-Tzong Jiang and Tung-Ching Lee).
85. Shellfish Freezing (Athapol Noomhorm, Mukku Shrinivas Rao, and Punchira Vongsawasdi).
86. Processing Formulated Fish and Fish Products (Jamilah Bakar).
87. Flavorants from Seafood Byproducts (Rosa Jonsdottir, Gudrun Olafsdottir, Sigurður Hauksson, and Jon Magnus Einarsson).
88. Seafood Processing: Basic Sanitation Practices (Nanna Cross).
89. Sustainable Intensive Aquaculture (C.G. Carter).
Section XVII: Vegetable Products.
90. Frozen Vegetables and Product Descriptions (Nanna Cross).
91. Frozen Avocados (Rosa Mar&ıacute;a Galicia-Cabrera).
92. Frozen French Fried Potatoes and Quality Assurance (Nanna Cross).
93. Paprika Production: Current Processing Techniques and Emerging Technologies (María Isabel Mínguez-Mosquera, Manuel Jarén-Galán, Dámaso Hornero-Méndez, and Antonio Pérez-Gálvez).
94. Pickles Manufacturing in the United States: Quality Assurance and Establishment Inspection (Nanna Cross).
95. Soymilk and Tofu Manufacturing (Sam K.C. Chang).
96. Tomato Processing (Rosa María Galicia-Cabrera).
97. Dried Tomato (Raquel Pinho Ferreira Guiné and Maria João Barroca Dias).
VOLUME 2 INDEX.
VOLUME 1 CONTENTS.
VOLUME 2 CONTENTS.
Ramesh Chandan, PhD, is the president of Global Technologies, Inc., a consulting company in Food Science and Technology. He is the author or editor of four books on yogurt and other dairy products.
Stephanie Clark, PhD, is an Associate Food Scientist and Associate Professor in the Deaprtment of Food Science and Human Nutrition at Washington State Univeristy in Pullman.
Nanna Ailen Cross, PhD, RD, LD, is the President of Cross Associates, Inc., a nutritional consulting firm in Chicago, Illinois.
Joannie Dobbs, PhD, is an Assistant Specialist in the Department of Human Nutrition, Food, and Animal Sciences at the University of Hawaii in Manoa.
William J. Hurst, PhD, is a consultant in Mt. Gretna, Pennsylvania. He was formerly a food scientist at Hershey Foods Corp. He has two Wiley titles on laboratory automation to his credit.
Leo M.L. Nollet, PhD, is a Professor of Biotechnology at Hogeschool Gent in Belgium. He has edited or co-edited eight previous books in food science and technology.
Eyal Shimoni, DSc, is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Biotechnology and Food Engineering at the Technion--Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa, Israel.
Erika B. Smith, PhD, is the Technical Category Manager for the Dairy-Materials Development Group at General Mills, Inc in Champlin, Minnesota.
Somjit Surapat, PhD, is the Head of the Department of Food Science and Technology ath Kasetsart University in Bangkok, Thailand.
Alan Titchenal, PhD, CNS, is an Instructor and Nutrition Specialist in the Department of Human Nutrition, Food, and Animal Sciences at the University of Hawaii in Manoa. He has co-authored three previous books on nutrition and fitness.
Fidel Toldrá, PhD, is a Research Professor and the Head of the Laboratory of Meat Science at the Institute of Agrochemistry and Technology of Food (CSIC) in Valencia, Spain, and is also Associate Professor of Food Technology at the Polytechnical University of Valencia.