Immunology of Gene Therapy
December 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Summarises and reviews the important field of genetic therapy with respect to the latest immunological advances in the lab and clinic
Unique treatment of immunology and immunotherapy in gene - approached from a vector and target organ point of view rather than from the perspective a specific diseases
Broad appeal - applicable for immunology and genetics / gene therapy, recombinant DNA studies, transplantation, virology, cancer research and tumor research
2. Innate immune responses to nucleic acids (Ishii and Akira).
3. The anti-viral Innate immune response (Daniel Muruve).
U. Calgary, Canada.
4. Immune responses to adenoviral vectors (Dmitry M. Shayakhmetov).
5. Immune responses to lentiviral vectors (Lung-Ji Chang).
6. Immune responses to adeno-associated virus vectors (Hildegund Ertl).
7. Immunology after in utero and neonatal gene transfer (Simon Waddington).
8. Immunology of hepatic gene transfer (Roland Herzog).
9. Immune responses to adenoviral, AAV, and lentiviral vector used for gene therapy of brain diseases (Pedro Lowenstein).
10. Immunology of cutaneous gene transfer (Soosan Ghazizadeh).
11. Immune responses to pulmonary gene therapy (Terence Flotte).
12. Induction of immune tolerance through gene transfer to hematopoietic stem cells (John Iacomini).
13. Reconstitution of the immune system by gene therapy (Adrian Thasher).
14. Genetics of the Immune Response to Proteins Expressed After Gene Transfer (Jay Lozier).
15. Immune modulation and transient suppression strategies (Valder Arruda).
16. Gene therapy for autoimmune diseases (Nicholas Giannoukakis).
17. Engineering of viral capsids to evade the host immune system (.
“This book, put together by experts, delivers a fresh approach to thinking about gene therapy and delivery of the vectors. The information is as current as a multiauthored book can be and would be useful to students as well as physicians.” (Doody's Reviews, March 2009)
Immunology of Gene Therapy (US $157.95)
-and- The Year in Immunology: Immunoregulatory mechanisms (US $130.00)
Total List Price: US $287.95
Discounted Price: US $215.96 (Save: US $71.99)