PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide, 4th Edition
Get the preparation you need for the challenging Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam in this comprehensive study guide. In addition to coverage of all exam objectives, you'll find practical advice including "How This Applies to Your Current Project" and "Real World Scenario" sidebars, as well as coverage for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam, and much more.
- Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you're getting the instruction you need for the exam
- Practical hands-on exercises to reinforce critical skills
- Real-world scenarios that put what you've learned in the context of actual job roles
- Challenging review questions in each chapter to prepare you for exam day
- Exam Essentials, a key feature in each chapter that identifies critical areas you must become proficient in before taking the exam
- A handy tear card that maps every official exam objective to the corresponding chapter in the book, so you can track your exam prep objective by objective
The accmpanying CD features:
- The Sybex test engine, which includes all of the chapter review questions and bonus exams.
- Electronic flashcards that reinforce your understanding and run on your PC, Pocket PC, or Palm handheld.
- More than two hours of audio instruction so you can fine-tune your project management skills.
- The entire book in searchable and printable PDF.
Order today so you can study anywhere, any time, and approach the exam with confidence.
Chapter 1: What Is a Project?
Chapter 2: Creating the Project Charter and Preliminary Scope Statement.
Chapter 3: Developing the Project Scope Statement.
Chapter 4: Creating the WBS and Communicating the Plan.
Chapter 5: Risk Planning.
Chapter 6: Resource Planning.
Chapter 7: Creating the Project Schedule and Budget.
Chapter 8: Developing the Project Team.
Chapter 9: Measuring and Controlling Project Performance.
Chapter 10: Monitoring and Controlling Change.
Chapter 11: Controlling Work Results and Closing Out the Project.
Chapter 12: Applying Professional Responsibility.
Process Inputs and Outputs.
- KEY TOPICS INCLUDE: Project Initiation. Project Planning, Project Execution. Project Control. Project Closing. and Professional Responsibility.
- New Look and Feel--Refreshed to include a wider variety of job roles and scenarios, as well as enhanced study tools, including new “How This Applies to Your Current Project” project sidebars and over 2 hours of audio.
- All-in-One--Still the most comprehensive package on the market—only Sybex includes a testing engine, flashcards, and an e-book.
- Bonus CAPM Coverage--CD will also include 2 bonus exams for the entry-level Certified Associate Project Management certification, which is based on the same topics of the PMP exam.
Do you think you've discovered an error in this book? Please check the list of errata below to see if we've already addressed the error. If not, please submit the error via our Errata Form. We will attempt to verify your error; if you're right, we will post a correction below.
|CD-ROM||Two corrections to Bonus Exam 2
Bonus Exam 2, question 56. incorrectly states that the calculation is for an atypical scenario. It is for a typical scenario.
Question 63. incorrectly asks for a process in the Monitoring and Controlling process group. It should read: "What is the process in the Executing process group...?"