Professional IIS 7 and ASP.NET Integrated Programming
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
You’ll get in-depth coverage of all the major systems that make up the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated infrastructure, detailed explanations on how they work, guidance on how to use them in your own applications, and techniques for extending them to meet your application requirements.
Packed with detailed code walkthroughs and in-depth analyses of numerous real-world examples - all written and tested with Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, ASP.NET 2.0, and ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008), this book helps you gain the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to use and to extend the major systems that make up the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated infrastructure.
Some of the key topics covered include:
- How to write integrated IIS7 and ASP.NET code that works with Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, ASP.NET 2.0, and ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008)
- Techniques for implementing and plugging custom HTTP modules, handlers, and handler factories into the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated request processing pipeline
- How to manage the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated configuration system from IIS7 Manager, appcmd.exe, and managed code
- Tips for using the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated declarative schema extension markup language (<sectionSchema>, <attribute>, <element>, <collection>, and so on) to implement custom configuration sections
- Techniques for using and extending the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated managed code system (ConfigurationElement, ConfigurationElementCollectionBase<T>, ConfigurationSection, ApplicationPool, Site, Application, ServerManager and so on) to add support for custom managed classes
- Tips for extending the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated graphical management system (ModuleServiceProxy, ModuleDialogPage, ModuleListPage, TaskForm, Module, ModuleService, ModuleProvider, TextTaskItem, MethodTaskItem, and so on) to add new graphical components to IIS7 Manager
- Techniques for using and extending the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated providers system (ProviderConfigurationFeature, ProviderConfigurationSettings, IProviderConfigurationService, ConfigurationModuleProvider, and so on) and ways to implement and to plug custom provider-based services into this system and IIS7 Manager
- Ways to use the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated tracing and diagnostics - TraceSource, SourceSwitch, IisTraceListener, EventTypeFilter, RSCA, Request, WorkerProcess, Failed Request Tracing, and so on
- ASP.NET and Windows Communication Foundation integration in IIS7