Fiber Optic Essentials
August 2007, Wiley-IEEE Press
Units and Abbreviations.
2. Light Waves.
3. Carrier Wave Communication.
4. Optical Users.
5. Loss in Optical Fibers.
6. Pulse Dispersion in Multimode Optical Fibers.
7. Pulse Dispersion in Single-Mode Optical Fibers.
8. Fiber Optic Communication Systems.
9. Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifiers and Fiber Lasers.
10. Raman Fiber Amplifiers.
11. Fiber Bragg Gratings.
12. Fiber Optic Components.
13. Nonlinear Effects in Optical Fibers.
14. Optical Fiber Sensors.
References and Suggested Reading.
K. Thyagarajan, PHD, is Professor in the Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of Technology at New Delhi. He is a recipient of the 1997 Lucent Technologies Finolex-Voice & Data Fibre Optic Person of the Year Award.
Ajoy Ghatak, PHD, is currently Distinguished Research Fellow at Disha Academy of Research and Education in Raipur. Professor Ghatak is a recipient of the 2003 Esther Hoffman Beller Award (instituted by The Optical Society of America) in recognition of his outstanding contributions to optical science and engineering education. Both men are Fellows of the Optical Society of America and have co-authored five previous books.