Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography, 3rd Edition
December 2009, ©2010
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is today the leading technique for chemical analysis and related applications, with an ability to separate, analyze, and/or purify virtually any sample. Snyder and Kirkland's Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography has long represented the premier reference to HPLC. This Third Edition, with John Dolan as added coauthor, addresses important improvements in columns and equipment, as well as major advances in our understanding of HPLC separation, our ability to solve problems that were troublesome in the past, and the application of HPLC for new kinds of samples.
This carefully considered Third Edition maintains the strengths of the previous edition while significantly modifying its organization in light of recent research and experience. The text begins by introducing the reader to HPLC, its use in relation to other modern separation techniques, and its history, then leads into such specific topics as:
- The basis of HPLC separation and the general effects of different experimental conditions
- Equipment and detection
- The column—the "heart" of the HPLC system
- Reversed-phase separation, normal-phase chromatography, gradient elution, two-dimensional separation, and other techniques
- Computer simulation, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and method validation and quality control
- The separation of large molecules, including both biological and synthetic polymers
- Chiral separations, preparative separations, and sample preparation
- Systematic development of HPLC separations—new to this edition
- Troubleshooting tricks, techniques, and case studies for both equipment and chromatograms
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography, 3rd Edition (US $138.00)
Total List Price: US $231.95
Discounted Price: US $173.96 (Save: US $57.99)