eBay PowerSeller Business Practices For Dummies
The book breaks PowerSeller selling into:
- Powering Up: Understanding how to use eBay's tools and community to get sales up to PowerSeller levels
- Hitting Your Sales Targets: Establishing a strategy for choosing the items that work for you, buying items for resale on eBay, and creating a business plan that incorporates marketing, shipping, eBay Stores, and expanding into a separate Web site.
- Build Better Listings: Upgrading your HTML and photography skills to build sale pages that command buyer confidence
- Become a Model Seller: Enhancing your customer service skills from packing and shipping to insuring items to communicating with buyers
- Manage Your Business: A crash course in accounting, including the unique issues with operating an online store
The book also includes a CD-ROM that includes samples of Marsha's 5-DVD video training kit, "Your eBay Business Plan;" trial versions of helpful software from DAZzle, Fast Photos, and QuickBooks; and tools created by the author to help you better operate your business including a fee calculator and list of sources for wholesale merchandise.
Part I: Power Up to PowerSeller Status.
Practice 1: Understanding What It Takes to Be a PowerSeller.
Practice 2: Knowing eBay Inside and Out.
Practice 3: Discerning the Many Faces of eBay.
Practice 4: Benefiting from the Community and Certified Providers.
Part II: Hit Your Sales Targets.
Practice 5: Deciding What to Sell and the Tools That Help You.
Practice 6: Finding Merchandise to Sell.
Practice 7: Building a Business Buying Plan.
Practice 8: Recouping the Costs of Selling on eBay — and Then Some.
Practice 9: Building a Selling Strategy.
Practice 10: Setting Shipping Costs That Pay.
Practice 11: Marketing Your Items to Grow Sales.
Practice 12: Making the eBay Store Decision.
Practice 13: Taking Advantage of eBay Stores Marketing.
Practice 14: Becoming an eBay Trading Assistant.
Practice 15: Your Web Site: Expanding Beyond eBay.
Practice 16: Giving Back to Nonprofits through Giving Works.
Part III: Build Better Listings.
Practice 17: Creating Listings That Sell with HTML.
Practice 18: Writing Effective Listings.
Practice 19: Listing Made Easy with Turbo Lister.
Practice 20: Managing Your Business with Professional Tools.
Practice 21: Shooting Quality Product Photos.
Practice 22: Photographing Specialty Items.
Practice 23: Getting Your Photos Web-Ready.
Practice 24: Using Item Images Effectively.
Practice 25: Storing Photos Where Your Listings Can Find Them.
Practice 26: Giving Unsold Items a Second Chance.
Part IV: Become a Model Seller.
Practice 27: Choosing the Best Shipper for Your Type of Business.
Practice 28: Automating Your Shipping Chores.
Practice 29: Getting Your Item There in One Piece.
Practice 30: Understanding the Limitations of Package Insurance.
Practice 31: Handling the Inevitable: Returns.
Practice 32: Steering Clear of Fraud.
Practice 33: Keep Your E-Mailbox Free of Scams and Junk.
Practice 34: Securing Your Accounts.
Practice 35: Communicating with Your Buyers.
Practice 43: Keeping Up with Your Taxes.
Practice 44: Establish Your Business Type.
Practice 45: Running a Smooth Office.
Practice 46: Bonding Your Business.
Practice 47: Getting Free with a Home Network.
Appendix A: Glossary of eBay PowerSellers’ Business Terms.
Appendix B: Ten Other Places to Move Your Merchandise.
Appendix C: About the CD.