Surfaces, Interfaces, and Films for Microelectronics
Electronic and microelectronic materials are vital to technologies such as semiconductors, integrated circuits, magnetic alloys, insulators, and optical/display materials.? The microelectronic material surfaces, interfaces, and films play an important role in their function. Detailing fundamentals and important analytical techniques, this reference helps scientists and engineers in this rapidly growing field understand existing microelectronic applications and design new ones. After an introduction to essential key concepts, Surfaces, Interfaces, and Thin Films for Microelectronics:
Provides a thorough explanation of surface science fundamentals, covering both geometric and electronic structure, surface thermodynamics, morphology, and a sampling of surface science techniques
Discusses microelectronics processes, covering films and interfaces, electronic passivation of semiconductor-dielectric film interfaces, the Si-SiO2 interface, and other MOSFET interfaces
Includes figures, charts, exercises, and numerous examples of applications to enhance and ingrain understanding
Provides references to other resources for further study
With its accessible explanations of both fundamentals and microelectronics processes, this is the ideal self-study guide to help professionals in the electronics industry get up to speed fast. It is also an excellent text for upper-level undergraduate and graduate students taking materials science, chemistry, physics, and electrical engineering courses.
Part I: Fundamentals of Surfaces and Interfaces.
1. Introduction to Surfaces.
2. Structure of Surfaces.
3. Thermodynamics of Surfaces and Interfaces.
4. Surface Roughness.
5. Surface electronic States.
6. Other Surface Probes.
7. Charged Surfaces.
9. Elliposometry and Optical Properties of Surfaces, Interfaces, and Films.
Part II: Microelectronics Applications.
10. Films and Interfaces.
11. Electronic Passivation of Semiconductor-Dielectric Film Interfaces.
12. The Si-SiO2 Interface and Other MOSFET Interfaces.
Eugene A. Irene, PhD, is Professor of Chemistry at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.?Prior to that appointment, he worked in the Thomas J. Watson Research Center at IBM for ten years. Professor Irene has written more than 250 journal publications and is the author of various books, including Electronic Materials Science (Wiley). He is coeditor of Handbook of Ellipsometry and numerous scientific reviews and book chapters.
- Provides full coverage of surfaces, interfaces, and film fundamentals for microelectronics, as well as the physics and chemistry of microelectronics processing
- Explores the fast-growing field of microelectronics in a readily accessible manner for the reader who requires self-study
- Authored by an expert in the field, and based on over 25 years of teaching experience in this subject
- Offers a unique blend of fundamental science, processing and applications
- Includes exercises to guide the student and a liberal addition of microelectronic applications
- Provides extensive references to the primary literature to guide readers in understanding microelectronic materials as well as design new materials and applications
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Surfaces, Interfaces, and Films for Microelectronics (US $188.00)
Total List Price: US $364.00
Discounted Price: US $273.00 (Save: US $91.00)