Global Health and Global Aging
September 2007, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- Timing: First book by leading experts on the critically important intersection of aging and global public health
- Leading Edge Topic: The importance of global aging to well being, the economy, as well as its immediate impact on regional development and economies, is a hot topic.
- International: Includes many leaders of, and experts in, global aging and health issues from the developed and developing world.
- Track Record: Clarence Pearon (editor), who is well connected in all public health arenas, is pulling out the stops to bring in the best and most well known contributors. His book Critical Issues in Global Health, featuring C. Everett Koop and Jimmy Carter, got great reviews, sales, and text adoptions. His most recent book, Global Health Leadership and Management, just received a rave review in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Platform: The American Association of Retired People (AARP) has pledged to make a substantial purchase of the first run to support and promote publication of the book.