The Student Leadership Challenge: Five Practices for Exemplary Leaders
August 2008, Jossey-Bass
- Can be used with all levels—from incoming first-year students to outgoing grads and young professionals
- Examples from both on-campus and off-campus venues, with particular emphasis on service-learning and effects of leadership in the surrounding community.
- Provides helpful and useful background on the instrument (Student LPI).
- The audio version of this book is available through your favorite online retailer.
2. The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership.
3. Model the Way.
Set the Example.
4. Inspire a Shared Vision.
Envision the Future.
5. Challenge the Process.
Search for Opportunities.
Experiment and Take Risks.
6. Enable Others to Act.
7. Encourage the Heart.
Celebrate the Values and Victories.
8. Leadership Is Everyone’s Business.
You Are the Most Important Leader in the Room.
Leadership is Learned.
First Lead Yourself.
Moral Leadership Calls Us to Higher Purpose.
Humility is the Antidote to Hubris.
Leadership Is in the Moment.
The Secret to Success in Life.
Appendix: The Student Leadership Practices Inventory.
About the Authors.
This video shows how to liberate the leader in every student using the Student Leadership Challenge suite products and trainings. It is based on the Five Practices of Exemplary Student Leadership by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner.
The Student Leadership Challenge: Five Practices for Exemplary Leaders (US $27.00)
-and- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership: A Guide for College Students (US $25.00)
Total List Price: US $52.00
Discounted Price: US $39.00 (Save: US $13.00)