Raising the Grade: How High School Reform Can Save Our Youth and Our Nation
April 2008, Jossey-Bass
1. America's High Schools: Ignoring Decades of Warnings.
2. The High Cost of High School Neglect.
3. Demography as Destiny: Race and Class Inequities.
4. Dropout Factories: Behind the Graduation Rate Charade.
5. Strengthening Adolescent Literacy: A National Priority.
6. Creating Quality High Schools: What Works?
7. Investing in High Schools: A New Federal Role.
8. Achieving the Vision.
A. In Need of Improvement: NCLB and High Schools.
B. Hidden Benefi ts: The Impact of High School Graduation on Household Wealth.
C. The High Cost of High School Dropouts: What the Nation Pays for Inadequate High Schools.
D. Paying Double: Inadequate High Schools and Community College Remediation.
E. Saving Futures, Saving Dollars: The Impact of Education on Crime Reduction and Earnings.
F. Elements of a Successful High School: Advocacy Action Matrix.
A former governor of West Virginia, now the p[resident of the Alliance for Education, lays out his plan for revitalizing secondary schooling. (Education Week, 05/21/08)
Bob Wise book urges reforms in high schools… Wise hopes that the book serves to remind people of the importance of every community high school. (The Charleston Gazette, 05/02/08)
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Raising the Grade: How High School Reform Can Save Our Youth and Our Nation (US $24.95)
Total List Price: US $47.90
Discounted Price: US $35.92 (Save: US $11.98)