To Improve the Academy: Resources for Faculty, Instructional, and Organizational Development, Volume 26
October 2007, Jossey-Bass
Ethical Guidelines for Educational Developers.
Section I: Evaluating Teaching.
1. Evaluating Teaching: A New Approach to an Old Problem (L. Dee Fink).
2. Investigating Indicators of the Scholarship of Teaching: Teaching Awards in Research Universities (Stacie Badran) .
Section II: Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
3. Points Without Limits: Individual Inquiry, Collaborative Investigation, and Collective Scholarship (Richard A. Gale).
4. Easing Entry into the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Through Focused Assessments: The "Decoding the Disciplines"Approach (Joan Middendorf, David Pace).
5. Supporting the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning at Liberal Arts Colleges (Dolores Peters, David Schodt, Mary Walczak).
Section III: Scholarship of Educational Development.
6. Grounded Theory Research in Faculty Development: The Basics, a Live Example, and Practical Tips for Faculty Developers (Michael Sweet, Rochelle Roberts, Joshua Walker, Stephen Walls, John Kucsera, Shana Shaw, Janet Riekenberg, Marilla Svinicki).
7. Assessment of a Faculty Learning Community Program: Do Faculty Members Really Change? (Susan Polich).
Section IV: Educational Development and Diversity.
8. Stereotype Threat and Ten Things We Can Do to Remove the Threat in the Air (Franklin A. Tuitt, Lois Reddick).
9. Thawing the Chilly Climate: Inclusive Teaching Resources for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (Katherine A. Friedrich, Sherrill L. Sellers, Judith N. Burstyn).
Section V: Educational Development Centers and Professionals.
10. Marketing Plans for Faculty Development: Student and Faculty Development Center Collaboration for Mutual Benefit (Victoria Mundy Bhavsar, Steven J. Skinner).
11. Faculty Development at Small and Liberal Arts Colleges (Kim M.Mooney,Michael Reder).
12. Credibility and Effectiveness in Context: An Exploration of the Importance of Faculty Status for Faculty Developers (Bonnie Mullinix).
Section VI: Faculty and Instructional Development.
13. Co-Teaching as a Faculty Development Model (Andrea L. Beach, Charles Henderson,Michael Famiano).
14. Promoting Learning-Focused Teaching Through a Project-Based Faculty Development Program (Susanna Calkins, Greg Light).
15. Team Mentoring: An Alternative Way to Mentor New Faculty (Tara Gray, A. Jane Birch).
16. A Research-Based Rubric for Developing Statements of Teaching Philosophy (Matthew Kaplan, Deborah S.Meizlish, Christopher O’Neal,Mary C.Wright).
17. Meeting the Challenges of Integrative Learning: The Nexia Concept (Jane Love).
18. The Teaching Resource Portfolio: A Tool Kit for Future Professoriate and a Resource Guide for Current Teachers (Dieter J. Schönwetter).
19. Reflecting and Writing About Our Teaching (Mark Weisberg).
20. Breaking Down Barriers to the Use of Technology for Teaching in Higher Education (Erping Zhu).