Java Concepts for AP Computer Science, 5th Edition
July 2007, ©2008
The homework package has been completely revamped to include a greater quantity and variety of problem types and provide significant new functionality. The LabRat tool in WileyPLUS permits automated submission and grading of programming assignments – a feature that no competitor provides.
Preparing yourself for a career in computing is a smart move.
The need for computing professionals and executives is growing rapidly right here in the U.S., even as companies become more global. Almost every major challenge facing our world is turning to computing for a solution, from conquering disease to eliminating hunger, from improving education to protecting the environment. Job growth rates for computing professions from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics range from 38% to 56% across the computing spectrum. Today’s market is creating more jobs than there are professionals to fill them, offering excellent salaries for qualified graduates.
With more choices and more opportunities, it’s a better time than ever to begin a career in computing. In fact, according to CNN/Money Magazine, software engineering is the number one best job for opportunities! Please visit the ACM website for more exciting computing career information. The URL is: http://computingcareers.acm.org
Chapter 1. Introduction.
Chapter 2. Using Objects.
Chapter 3. Implementing Classes.
Chapter 4. Fundamental Data Types.
Chapter 5. Decisions.
Chapter 6. Iteration.
Chapter 7. Arrays and Array Lists.
Chapter 8. Designing Classes.
Chapter 9. Interfaces and Polymorphism.
Chapter 10. Inheritance.
Chapter 11. Input/Output and Exception Handling.
Chapter 12. Object-Oriented Design.
Chapter 13. Recursion.
Chapter 14. Sorting and Searching.
Chapter 15. An Introduction to Data Structures.
Chapter 16. Advanced Data Structures.
Appendix A. Java Language Coding Guidelines.
Appendix B. The Basic Latin and Latin-1 Subsets of Unicode.
Appendix C. The Java Library.
• Testing Track, color coded in table of contents and page margins, emphasizes content and pedagogy that supports test-driven approach to programming
• Available with WileyPLUS, a powerful online tool that provides instructors and students with an integrated suite of teaching and learning resources in one easy-to-use website. It includes:
• A complete online version of the text
• Test bank of approximately 450 multiple-choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank and essay questions
• Approximately 25 presentation slides per chapter
• Self-check practice problems for students (approximately 25 per chapter)
• The LabRat programming assignment tool, which enables students to digitally submit programming exercises for compilation, testing and grading; comes pre-loaded with 2 problem types:
- Code completion exercises, in which students add lines of code to complete the program provided (approximately 10 per chapter)
- Programming Projects, in which students write and submit entire programs (approximately 3 per chapter)
• 75% new and revised Homework Assignments and Lab Exercises in the text and in WileyPLUS
• Graphics Track, color coded in table of contents and page margins, emphasizes optional graphics material
• Language coverage updated to reflect Java 6
Gradual introduction to object-oriented programming techniques, beginning in Chapter 2
Testing Track, color coded in TOC and page margins, emphasizes content and pedagogy that supports test-driven approach to programming.
Graphics Track, color coded in TOC and page margins, emphasizes optional graphics material.
Programming Projects in LabRat
- Updated programming assignments reflect test-driven methodology
- LabRat tool permits automated submission and grading of students programs
Java Concepts for AP Computer Science, 5th Edition (US $136.95)
Total List Price: US $194.90
Discounted Price: US $146.17 (Save: US $48.73)