FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples: Xilinx Spartan-3 Version
February 2008, ©2008
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This book is different from existing digital design or HDL books. It is unique in several respects:
- It uses a learning-by-doing approach to introduce the concepts and techniques for HDL, synthesis, and FPGA
- It provides a collection of clelar, easy-to-folloow templates for quick code development
- It contains a large number of practical examples to illustrate and reinforce the design concepts and techniques. All examples can be implemented and tested on a prototyping board.
- The codes provided follow strict design guidelines and prepare the reader for developing large, complex systems in the future.
- Most codes were written in a device-independent and software-neutral fashion and are not tied to a particular device or synthesis software package
- The book contains four chapters for the Xilinx PicoBlaze soft-core microcontroller
- The book covers the design of all I/O modules of the Digilent Basys prototyping board and has prepared constraint files, project files, and configuration files. When used with this board, the book and board combo becomes a self-contained "turn-key" solution for introductory and advanced digital design experiments and projects.