FPGA Prototyping By Verilog Examples: Xilinx Spartan-3 Version
PART I. BASIC DIGITAL CIRCUITS.
1. Gate-level combinational circuit.
2. Overview of FPGA and EDA software.
3. RT-level combinational circuit.
4. Regular Sequential Circuit.
7. Selected Topics of Verilog.
PART II. I/O MODULES.
9. PS2 Keyboard.
10. PS2 Mouse.
11. External SRAM.
12. Xilinx Spartan-3 Specific Memory.
13. VGA controller I: graphic.
14. VGA controller II: text.
PART III. PICOBLAZE MICROCONTROLLERXILINX SPECIFIC.
15. PicoBlaze Overview.
16. PicoBlaze Assembly Code Development.
17. PicoBlaze I/O Interface.
18. PicoBlaze Interrupt Interface.
Appendix A: Sample Verilog templates.
- It uses a learning-by-doing approach to introduce the concepts and techniques for HDL, synthesis, and FPGA
- It provides a collection of clelar, easy-to-folloow templates for quick code development
- It contains a large number of practical examples to illustrate and reinforce the design concepts and techniques. All examples can be implemented and tested on a prototyping board.
- The codes provided follow strict design guidelines and prepare the reader for developing large, complex systems in the future.
- Most codes were written in a device-independent and software-neutral fashion and are not tied to a particular device or synthesis software package
- The book contains four chapters for the Xilinx PicoBlaze soft-core microcontroller
- The book covers the design of all I/O modules of the Digilent Basys prototyping board and has prepared constraint files, project files, and configuration files. When used with this board, the book and board combo becomes a self-contained "turn-key" solution for introductory and advanced digital design experiments and projects.