The Integrity Dividend: Leading by the Power of Your Word
October 2008, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
PART ONE: WHAT IS THE INTEGRITY DIVIDEND?
1. The Dollar Value of Your Impeccable Word.
A definition of behavioral integrity and evidence for the dollar return on leaders’ living by their word.
2. Executive Sightings of the Integrity Dividend.
How executives describe the integrity dividend in different contexts.
3. Behavioral Integrity Drivers and Payoffs: Why Small Mistakes Can Have Big Costs.
An overall framework for seeing how small integrity missteps can grow in impact.
PART TWO: MANAGING YOUR OWN BEHAVIORAL INTEGRITY: BUILDING TRUST AND CREDIBILITY.
4. Promise Less, But Do It More Often.
Selecting fewer key values to emphasize so you can send a clear and consistent message.
5. The Language of Living by Your Word.
Addressing common communication errors that undermine integrity perceptions.
6. Behavioral Integrity as a Personal Discipline.
Developing the power of your own word through delaying gratification, facing fear, self-awareness, vigilance, and other self-management.
PART THREE: BEHAVIORAL INTEGRITY AND THE RIPPLE EFFECT: BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A LEADERSHIP CULTURE OF INTEGRITY.
7. Easing the Middle Manager’s Dilemma.
Reducing the strain middle managers feel when they are asked to implement policies with which they disagree by giving them opportunities to voice their concerns.
8. Creating a Culture of Accountability.
Shaping a high-integrity community through an integrated approach to performance appraisal, training, coaching, and incentives, coupled with a leader’s personal enactment of integrity.
9. Management Fashions and the Flavor-of-the-Month Club.
Experimenting and learning without looking foolish.
PART FOUR: BROADER APPLICATIONS AND SUMMARY.
10. The Integrity Dividend and Outside Stakeholders.
A brief application of emergent integrity principles to relationships outside the company: customers, suppliers, and unions.
11. Capturing the Integrity Dividend.
An encouraging summary of what you can do.
Acknowledgments and Dedication.
About the Author.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Integrity Dividend: Leading by the Power of Your Word (US $27.95)
Total List Price: US $52.90
Discounted Price: US $39.67 (Save: US $13.23)