The Age of Heretics: A History of the Radical Thinkers Who Reinvented Corporate Management, 2nd Edition
July 2008, Jossey-Bass
Preface by Steven Wheeler and Walter McFarland.
To the Reader.
1. Monastics: Corporate Culture and Its Discontents, 1945 to Today.
2. Pelagians: National Training Laboratories, 1947–1962.
3. Reformists: Workplace Redesign at Procter & Gamble and the Gaines Dog Food Plant in Topeka, 1961–1973.
4. Protesters: Saul Alinsky, FIGHTON, Campaign GM, and the Shareholder Activism Movement, 1964–1971.
5. Mystics: Royal Dutch/Shell’s Scenario Planners, 1967–1973.
6. Lovers of Faith and Reason: Heretical Engineers at Stanford Research Institute and MIT, 1955–1971.
7. Parzival’s Dilemma: Edie Seashore, Chris Argyris, and Warren Bennis, 1959–1979.
8. Millenarians: Erewhon, the SRI Futures Group, Herman Kahn, Royal Dutch/Shell, and Amory Lovins, 1968–1979.
9. The Rapids: Hayes and Abernathy, Tom Peters, W. Edwards Deming, the Creators of GE Work-Out, and Other Synthesizers of Management Change, 1974–1982.
About the Author.
The Age of Heretics: A History of the Radical Thinkers Who Reinvented Corporate Management, 2nd Edition (US $29.95)
Total List Price: US $47.90
Discounted Price: US $35.92 (Save: US $11.98)