You’ll see how you can leverage the jQuery UI library to make graphically driven UI widgets. jQuery gives you the ability to break content up among multiple tabs in the same page. You have the ability to customize the look and feel of the tabs, and even to create a polished look and feel by providing different effects that come in when you mouse over tabs and click on them. Some of the UI elements and techniques include:
- make any element draggable with the mouse
- drag-and-drop user interfaces
- lists that are sortable via drag-and-drop
- re-size elements on a page using the mouse
- custom pop-up dialogues that are like virtual pop-up windows
- a graphical slider bar, similar to your media player’s volume control
2. Selecting and Filtering.
4. Manipulating Content and Attributes.
5. Arrays and Iteration.
10. Implementing Drag and Drop.
11. Drag and Drop Sorting.
12. Selection by Drawing a Box.
13. Accordion UI.
Appendix A. Answers to Exercises.
Appendix B. Selectors Supported By jQuery.
Appendix C. Selecting and Filtering.
Appendix D. Events.
Appendix E. Manipulating Attributes, Content, and Data Caching.
Appendix F. Manipulating Content.
Appendix G. AJAX Methods.
Appendix H. CSS.
Appendix I. Utilities.
Appendix J. Draggables and Droppables.
Appendix K. Sortables.
Appendix L. Selectables.
Appendix M. Effects.
Appendix N. Accordion.
Appendix O. Datepicker.
Appendix P. Dialog.
Appendix Q. Tabs.
Appendix R. Resizables.
Appendix S. Sliders.
-and- Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design, 3rd Edition (US $39.99)
Total List Price: US $84.98
Discounted Price: US $63.73 (Save: US $21.25)