Troubleshooting Your PC For Dummies, 3rd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This fully updated edition features new and expanded coverage of laptop woes as well as Internet and e-mail issues, broadband connections, spam blocking, and security concerns. You’ll find answers to all of your questions about getting out of PC pickles, recognizing when you’re headed for trouble, keeping Vista on the straight and narrow, creating a safe and secure PC environment, and even preventing problems down the road. Discover how to:
- Remove documents from the file menu
- Recognize warning signs of hard drive failure
- Stop a program that’s misbehaving
- Reclaim missing Internet passwords
- Distinguish hardware problems from software problems
- Mediate conflicts between Windows and your applications
- Solve startup problems
- Diagnose email calamities
- Troubleshoot Internet connection malfunctions
- Understand puzzling error messages
Complete with lists of essential rules of tech support and things you should never or always do, Troubleshooting PCs For Dummies, 3rd Edition, gives you the tips, tricks, and solid knowledge you need to keep your PC healthy and strong for years to come.