Smith, Currie and Hancock's Common Sense Construction Law: A Practical Guide for the Construction Professional, 4th Edition
Knowledge of construction law and employment law is essential to running a successful construction business. This Fourth Edition of the bestselling Smith, Currie & Hancock's Common Sense Construction Law provides a practical introduction to the significant legal topics and questions affecting construction industry professionals. Like its popular previous editions, this Fourth Edition translates the sometimes-confusing theories, principles, and established rules that regulate the business into clear, lay-person's English.
This new edition updates the comprehensive scope of its predecessors with:
Coverage of the newly issued and recently revised industry-standard contract documents produced by the AIA, ConsensusDOCS, and EJCDC for 2007/2008
A CD featuring sample contracts and documents from AIA, ConsensusDOCS, and EJCDC that familiarizes readers with these important documents, and aids in understanding document citations in the book
Improved pedagogical tools and instructor support material for use in the classroom
The most up-to-date and thorough guide to a sometimes intimidating but critical aspect of the practice of construction, Smith, Currie & Hancock's Common Sense Construction Law, Fourth Edition gives industry professionals the knowledge they need to avoid legal surprises and gain a competitive advantage.
1. The Legal Context of Construction.
2. Alternative Contracting Methods.
3. Preparing to Work In A New State: Preproposal and Performance Considerations.
4. Competing For the Contract.
5. Intepreting the Contract.
6. The Uniform Construction Code and the Construction Industry.
7. The Authority and Responsibility of the Design official.
8. Subcontract Administration and Dispute Avoidance.
9. Contract Changes.
10. Differening Site Conditions.
11. Schedules, Delays, and Acceleration.
12. Inspection, Acceptance, Warranties, and Commissioning.
13. Management Techniques to Limit Risks and Avoid Disputes.
14. Payment Bonds.
15. Performance Bonds and Termination.
16. Proving Costs and Damages.
17. Construction Industry Environmental and Safety Concerns.
18. Construction Insurance.
19. Labor and Employment Issues Affecting the Construction Industry.
20. Bankruptcy in the Construction Setting.
21. Resolution of Construction Disputes of Federal Government Construction Contract Disputes.
Smith, Currie & Hancock LLP was founded in 1965. With offices in Atlanta, Georgia; Charlotte, North Carolina; Tallahassee and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Washington, D.C., the firm has nationally recognized practices in the areas of construction law, government contracts, and environmental law. The firm represents clients in all fifty states, as well as Mexico, Canada, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
THOMAS J. KELLEHER Jr. is a Senior Partner with Smith, Currie & Hancock LLP.
G. Scott Walters is a Partner with Smith, Currie & Hancock LLP.
Smith, Currie and Hancock's Common Sense Construction Law: A Practical Guide for the Construction Professional, 4th Edition (US $120.00)
-and- Welding For Dummies (US $24.99)
Total List Price: US $144.99
Discounted Price: US $108.74 (Save: US $36.25)