J.K. Lasser's Small Business Taxes 2008: Your Complete Guide to a Better Bottom Line
Part 1 Organization.
1. Business Organization.
2. Tax Year and Accounting Methods.
3. Recordkeeping for Business Income and Deductions.
Part 2 Business Income and Losses.
4. Income or Loss from Business Operations.
5. Capital Gains and Losses.
6. Gains and Losses from Sales of Business Property.
Part 3 Business Deductions and Credits.
7. Employee Compensation: Salary, Wages, and Employee Benefits.
8. Travel and Entertainment Expenses.
9. Car and Truck Expenses.
10. Repairs, Maintenance, and Energy Improvements.
11. Bad Debts.
13. Taxes and Interest.
14. First-Year Expensing, Depreciation, Amortization, and Depletion.
15. Advertising Expenses.
16. Retirement Plans.
17. Casualty and Theft Losses.
18. Home Office Deductions.
19. Medical Coverage.
20. Deductions for Farmers.
21. Domestic Production Activities Deduction.
22. Miscellaneous Business Deductions.
23. Roundup of Tax Credits.
Part 4 Tax Planning For Your Small Business.
24. Income and Deduction Strategies.
25. Tax Strategies for Opening or Closing a Business.
26. Tax Strategies for a Sideline Business.
27. Tax Strategies for Multiple Businesses.
28. Alternative Minimum Tax.
29. Other Taxes.
30. Online Filing and Information.
Appendix A. Information Returns.
Appendix B. Checklist of Tax-Related Corporate Resolutions.