Getting China and India Right: Strategies for Leveraging the World's Fastest Growing Economies for Global Advantage
February 2009, Jossey-Bass
- Both provide mega-markets for almost every product and service
- Both have platforms that will dramatically reduce the company's global cost structure
- Both have platforms that will significantly boost the company's global technology and innovation base
- Both are springboards for the mergence of new fearsome global competitors.
This book aims to shed light on the brutal competition for markets and resources in China and India as well as lays out the strategic action implications for those companies who want to emerge as the global players of tomorrow.
1 China and IndiaFour Stories Rolled into One 1
2 Think China and India, Not China or India 39
3 Megamarkets and Microcustomers 63
Fighting for Local Market Dominance
4 Leveraging China and India for Global Advantage 97
5 Competing with Dragons and Tigers on the Global Stage 139
6 The War for Talent 175
Dealing with Scarcity in the Midst of Plenty
7 Global Enterprise 2020 203
The Authors 239
Anil K. Gupta is the Ralph J. Tyser Professor of Strategy and Organization at the Smith School of Business, The University of Maryland at College Park. A world-renowned scholar on global strategy, he is a regular speaker at major conferences and serves as an adviser and director for corporations in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Haiyan Wang is managing partner of China India Institute, a research and consulting organization. Drawing on her experience in China, Singapore, Europe, and the United States, she consults with companies and speaks at conferences on smart globalization in the age of China and India.
- Helps business leaders develop robust global strategies in the age of China and India by uncovering the surprising range of hidden opportunities and challenges presented by these emerging giants
- Discusses how China and India are the only two countries to feature four different realities, each strategically crucial to the future of any global enterprise
Getting China and India Right: Strategies for Leveraging the World's Fastest Growing Economies for Global Advantage (US $29.95)
Total List Price: US $48.90
Discounted Price: US $36.67 (Save: US $12.23)