Finite Mathematics: An Applied Approach, Textbook and Student Solutions Manual, 10th Edition
November 2007, ©2008
- Numerous applied problems have been added, many involving sourced information
- All existing problems have been updated to provide relevance and timeliness
- Where appropriate, applied Examples have been added
- Each section was thoroughly reviewed and rewritten as seemed appropriate
- Chapter 4 Linear Programming: The Simplex Method- Rewritten to reflect the most current thinking on this topic, based on extensive review from experts in the field
- Chapter 5 Finance Section 5.2 on Compound Interest now contains a discussion of continuously compounded interest
- Chapter Opening and Chapter Project- Each chapter begins with a situation and ends with a related project.
- A Look Back…A Look Forward- Each chapter begins with a discussion of the relationship between what has been learned earlier and what is coming next.
- Objectives- Each section begins with a list of learning objectives. The objectives also appear in the text where the objective is covered and are repeated in the Chapter Review along with Review Exercises that relate to the objective.
- Preparing For This Section- Most sections begin with a list of key concepts to review in preparation for the section. Page references are provided for easy access. Related “Are You Prepared?” problems are given at the beginning of the Exercise set to help students assess their understanding of these concepts. Answers to these problems are given at the end of the Exercise set.
- Now Work Problems- Following most examples, the student is directed to a related problem in the exercises to assess understanding before going further in the text.
- Step-by-Step Examples- Examples contain detailed, step-by-step solutions, most with explanatory annotations.
- Exercise Sets- The exercise sets are divided in to classes:
- ‘Are You Prepared?’ Problems- These relate to the items listed in Preparing For This Section
- Concepts and Vocabulary- Easy True/False, Fill-in-the-Blank problems testing vocabulary and important ideas found in the section
- Skill Building- These problems provide straight-forward practice
- Applications and Extensions-Applied problems that relate to real-world situations
- Discussion and Writing- Colored green, these problems support class discussion, collaborative learning, verbalization and writing of mathematical ideas, and research projects.
Finite Mathematics: An Applied Approach, Textbook and Student Solutions Manual, 10th Edition (US $221.95)
-and- Finite Mathematics: An Applied Approach, 11th Edition (US $194.95)
Total List Price: US $416.90
Discounted Price: US $312.67 (Save: US $104.23)