Fiscal Hangover: How to Profit From The New Global Economy
For the first time in 200 years, American consumers are stepping down from their position as the driving force behind the world's economy. In Fiscal Hangover, Keith Fitz-Gerald analyzes the declining power of the American consumer and introduces you to the resulting investment opportunities. Without question, the American consumer and the United States government have provided the rest of the world with liquidity in the form of cheap capital and abundant debt. But in light of recent economic events, the rules of the game have changed and that means you must change with them-if you intend on securing your financial future.
Unlike most of today's finance books that simply examine the end of the American Empire, Fiscal Hangover shows you how to prepare for the fall, effectively allocate your investments, and thrive in the new global economy. This book offers specific analysis and concrete actionable steps for individual investors interested in grabbing their fair share of what will be the greatest wealth creation in the history of mankind.
- Examines our current financial situation and offers practical investment advice to overcome the challenges you'll face
- Analyzes the declining power of the American consumer and introduces you to the resulting investment opportunities
- Details new investing benchmarks and discusses why the old ones no longer work
- Explores big picture economic issues that will affect your individual investment endeavors
The coming years may hold the greatest investment opportunities of our times, but in order to take advantage of this you'll need the insights that can only be found in Fiscal Hangover.
Introduction: A Refresher Course in Granny's Wisdom.
Part I America's Fiscal Hangover and the Binge That Got Us Here.
Chapter 1: History 101 – From 13 Colonies to Global Economic Power.
Chapter 2: Growth of the American Consumer – Role Model for World Spending.
Chapter 3: The Beginnings of America's Undoing.
Chapter 4: 'Bubble' Gum – How We All Finally Got Stuck.
Part II The Great Decoupling.
Chapter 5: Wait a Minute! We've Seen This Before (But We Still Haven't Learned).
Chapter 6: America's Economy and Its Place in the New World Order.
Chapter 7: Consumerism on the Move – An Engine for Recovery.
Part III Dr. Fitz-Gerald's Amazing Home Remedy for Hangover Relief.
Chapter 8: The World's Changing Investment Landscape.
Chapter 9: The New Money Rules, and Why You Must Follow Them.
Chapter 10: Go Global or Go Home – Where To Make Your Future Fortune.
Chapter 11: Brass Tacks – Key Countries, Sectors, Industries and Companies.
Chapter 12: Never Get Fooled Again – The Pyramid Strategies.
Conclusion: 10 More Rules for Successful Investing.
Appendix: The $300 Trillion Recovery Almost Nobody's Talking About.
About the Author.
Additional research and insight from Keith Fitz-Gerald can be found at www.moneymorning.com
For the first time in 200 years, American consumers are no longer the driving force behind the world’s economy. And now, with FISCAL HANGOVER (Wiley, November 2009, $29.95; 978-0-470-28914-3; Hardcover), Keith Fitz-Gerald—one of the world’s leading experts on global investing—picks apart every important change and identifies the unprecedented opportunities arising right now. Investors will discover how the U.S. role in the world economy is shrinking at unheard-of rates; how and why government intervention may well prevent the U.S. markets from normalizing for years to come; why Asia is already well on its way to becoming the next great financial center and why China’s Yuan is quietly replacing the U.S. dollar as the world’s reserve currency. Most importantly, they’ll learn what to do right now to grab their share of the pie.
In FISCAL HANGOVER, Fitz-Gerald answers the following critical questions:
• Why are some nations set to reach new levels of prosperity and others doomed to mediocrity? Not all bailouts are the same. Understand which countries will profit and which will be hobbled for years to come.
• Why will Asia become the world’s new financial center? Seemingly inconsequential changes on formerly primitive financial exchanges are enabling a ferocious new brand of capitalism that will cause even seasoned investors to reassess their game plan. And open up fabulous new opportunities to individual investors – beginning today!
• Why is it inevitable that U.S. companies will list in China? New international company listings on Chinese stock markets will serve as catalysts for a new Golden Age of Wealth… right here in the U.S.
• Is the U.S. doomed? Not necessarily. Learn why the inevitable changes already underway will actually make this country stronger and individual investors richer despite Washington’s policies and efforts to screw things up… again.
• When should I own commodities? Fitz-Gerald points out why basic materials should be a permanent part of every investor’s retirement plan. And gives you a simple easy way to own gold as it heads to new highs.
• How can I reduce my risk right now? Wall Street’s models are badly broken and may never work again in our lifetimes. Diversification is no longer enough to appropriately manage risk. Fitz-Gerald shares how to capture higher potential returns and avoid catastrophic losses for the rest of your life.
• What can I buy now that will help me sleep better at night? Fitz-Gerald offers a few of his favorite choices any investor can use to achieve peace of mind and a more stable portfolio – beginning tonight.
Fiscal Hangover: How to Profit From The New Global Economy (US $29.95)
Total List Price: US $57.90
Discounted Price: US $43.42 (Save: US $14.48)