Investing For Dummies, 5th Edition
Want to take charge of your financial future? This national bestselling guide has been thoroughly updated to provide you with the latest insights into smart investing, from weighing your investment options (such as stocks, real estate, and small business) to understanding risks and returns, managing your portfolio, and much more.
- Get time-tested investment advice -- expert author Eric Tyson shares his extensive knowledge and reveals how to invest in challenging markets
- Discover all the fundamentals of investing -- explore your investment choices, weigh risks and returns, choose the right investment mix, and protect your assets
- Navigate Wall Street -- understand the financial markets and the Federal Reserve, avoid problematic buying practices, and evaluate investment research
- Build wealth with stocks, bonds, and mutual funds -- use indexes, understand prices, minimize costs, and diversify your investments
- Get rich with real estate -- find the right property, evaluate the market, finance your investments, work with agents, and close the deal
- Start, buy, or invest in a business -- write a business plan, finance your business, and improve profitability
- Manage college and retirement savings accounts -- establish your goals, evaluate your investment options, and tame your taxes
Open the book and find:
- Recommendations on the best stock, bond, and money market funds
- The best times to buy and sell stocks and bonds
- The scoop on exchange-traded and hedge funds
- Tips for reading and analyzing financial reports
- The best online brokers
- How to make safe and profitable real estate investments
- A wealth of information on the best investment tools and resources
Part I: Investing Fundamentals.
Chapter 1: Exploring Your Investment Choices.
Chapter 2: Weighing Risks and Returns.
Chapter 3: Getting Your House in Order before You Invest.
Part II: Stocks, Bonds, and Wall Street.
Chapter 4: The Workings of Stock and Bond Markets.
Chapter 5: Building Wealth with Stocks.
Chapter 6: Investigating and Purchasing Individual Stocks.
Chapter 7: Exploring Bonds and Other Lending Investments.
Chapter 8: Mastering Mutual Funds.
Chapter 9: Choosing a Brokerage Firm.
Part III: Getting Rich with Real Estate.
Chapter 10: Investing in a Home.
Chapter 11: Investing in Real Estate.
Chapter 12: Real Estate Financing and Deal Making.
Part IV: Savoring Small Business.
Chapter 13: Assessing Your Appetite for Small Business.
Chapter 14: Starting and Running a Small Business.
Chapter 15: Purchasing a Small Business.
Part V: Investing Resources.
Chapter 16: Selecting Investing Resources.
Chapter 17: Perusing Periodicals, Radio, and Television.
Chapter 18: Selecting the Best Investment Books.
Chapter 19: Investigating Internet and Software Resources.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten Investing Obstacles to Conquer.
Chapter 21: Ten Things to Consider When You’re Selling an Investment.
Chapter 22: Ten T ips for Investing in a Down Market.