Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry, Study Guide, 8th Edition
March 2011, ©2012
Chapter 2: Technology Applications in Purchasing
Chapter 3: Distribution Systems
Chapter 4: Forces Affecting the Distribution System
Chapter 5: An Overview of the Purchasing Function
Chapter 6: The Organization and Administration of Purchasing
Chapter 7: The Buyer’s Relations with Other Company Personnel
Chapter 8: The Purchase Specification: An Overall View
Chapter 9: The Optimal Amount
Chapter 10: The Optimal Price
Chapter 11: The Optimal Payment Policy
Chapter 12: The Optimal Supplier
Chapter 13: Typical Ordering Procedures
Chapter 14: Typical Receiving Procedures
Chapter 15: Typical Storage Management Procedures
Chapter 16: Security in the Purchasing Function
Chapter 17: Fresh Produce
Chapter 18: Processed Produce and Other Grocery Items
Chapter 19: Dairy Products
Chapter 20: Eggs
Chapter 21: Poultry
Chapter 22: Fish
Chapter 23: Meat
Chapter 24: Beverages
Chapter 25: Nonfood Expense Items
Chapter 26: Services
Chapter 27: Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment
- The text dimensions have been expanded to allow for additional photos, drawings, and tables to more effectively convey purchasing concepts and applications.
- The expanded glossary contains hundreds of purchasing specific terms and detailed definitions. This glossary is a vital reference for students and those already working in the purchasing function.
- Concepts surrounding technology and “green” practices in the hospitality purchasing field have been expanded and updated. Industry Insights have been updated to cover the most current trends related to purchasing. More than 20 discussions and interviews with industry executives are interwoven throughout the text. These stories include insights that provide insider information on current and future trends related to purchasing. Some are written by experts in the purchasing field, providing perspectives on the future of purchasing, novel approaches to procurement, and new techniques for calculating the amount of products to purchase.
- The detailed references at the end of each chapter have been increased and updated to provide students with current materials to supplement their readings.
- Updated links to key Websites provide students with access to current information.
- New, revised, and updated illustrations and photographs of concepts, companies, and products relating to the purchasing function have been included.
- Includes discussion of the purchasing activity and product information from a management perspective
- Product chapters contain updated information on the latest trends
- New information regarding technology and “green” practices in the industry
- More than 20 interviews with industry executives about the importance of specific purchasing aspects are included
- Pedagogical features in each chapter, such as Key Words and Concepts, References, Questions and Problems, as well as Experiential Exercises
- Enhanced and expanded glossary of key purchasing terms
- In-depth attention to ordering procedures, distribution systems, supplier channels, price and payment, storage and security, and specification for food, furniture, fixtures, and equipment