Pathology of Pet and Aviary Birds, 2nd Edition
February 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Pathology of Pet and Aviary Birds, Second Edition provides a comprehensive reference to the gross and histologic features of diseases seen in pet and aviary birds, with more than 850 images depicting disease lesions.
• Provides a complete resource for identifying both common and not-so-common diseases in a wide range of avian species
• Includes more than 850 full-color images to show disease lesions
• Offers context for the interpretation of pathologic findings, promoting an understanding of the pathogenesis and epizootiology of disease
• Adds information on pigeons and chickens, pathophysiology, prognosis and trends, and globally relevant diseases
• Aids pathologists, diagnosticians, and avian veterinarians in identifying lesions in pet birds
1 Cardiovascular System.
2 Respiratory System.
3 Gastrointestinal System and Pancreas.
5 Urinary System.
6 Reproductive System.
7 Endocrine System.
8 Lymphatic and Hematopoietic System.
9 Musculoskeletal System.
10 Nervous System.
12 Special Sense Organs.
13 Peritoneum and Mesenteries.
Drury R Reavill, DVM, Diplomate American Board of
Veterinary Practitioners (Avian Practice), Diplomate American
College of Veterinary Pathologists, is a Pathologist, Zoo/Exotic
David N Phalen, DVM, PhD, Diplomate American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (Avian Practice), is an Associate Professor in the Department of Large Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, College Station.