Plant Desiccation Tolerance
February 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
1. Plant desiccation tolerance: diversity, distribution, and real-world applications - Andrew J. Wood and Matthew A. Jenks.
2. Lessons on dehydration tolerance from desiccation tolerant plants - Melvin Oliver.
3. Mechanisms of desiccation tolerance in Angiosperm resurrection plants - Jill M. Farrant.
4. Desiccation tolerance in lichens - Richard P. Beckett and Farida V. Minibayeva.
5. Desiccation tolerance: gene expression, pathways and regulation of gene expression - Dorothea Bartels, Jonathon Phillips, and John Chandler.
Section 2. Desiccation Tolerance of Pollen, Spores and Seeds.
6. Seed desiccation-tolerance mechanisms - Patricia Berjak, Jill M. Farrant, and Norman W. Pammenter.
7. The glassy state in dry seeds and pollen - Olivier Leprince and Julia Buitink.
8. DNA structure and seed desiccation tolerance - Ivan Broubriak, Shirley McCready, and Daphne J. Osborne.
9. Structural dynamics and desiccation damage in plant reproductive organs - Christina Walters and Karen L. Koster.
Section 3. Applications of Desiccation Tolerance Research.
10. Desiccation tolerance genes and avenues for crop improvement - Revel Iyer, Sagadevan G. Mundree, Mohamed Suhail Rafudeen, and Jennifer Ann Thompson