Communication in Poultry Grower Relations: A Blueprint to Success
The book also provides a comprehensive discussion on the dynamics associated with corporate culture changes. The reader will learn how to manage the resistance associated with each of the five phases of change to successfully implement the improvements in the company-grower working relationship.
Larry Cole, PHD, University of Oklahoma, is nationally recognized for his work in grower relations. He designed and provided a series of seminars on grower relations for the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association. He founded Cole Poultry Training Consultants and is the author of Frustration Is Your Organization’s Best Friend and over thirty articles on related topics.
* inverting the organisational pyramid to produce teamwork and excellent grower-company relationships
* vision statements that exemplify different approaches
* establishing trust among growers and employees in live production, live haul, the hatchery and the feed mill
* department specific training for employees
* delegating authority to make decisions
* the WOW! factor to add value when a major disruption occurs
* overcoming resistance to change
* grower relations surveys