The Practical Guide to Wall Street: Equities and Derivatives
- Clear, detailed and intuitive explanations of all major products, their function, pricing and risks (several of which are unavailable anywhere else despite producing billions of dollars in annual revenue for Wall St.)
- The layout of the trading floor, the roles and responsibilities of the different sales and trading groups and how they interact to service the client business
- An overview of the structure of the macro-economy and the trader’s perspective on the significance of economic data releases and their impact on the financial markets
- A review of those concepts from fundamental valuation and financial statement analysis of greatest relevance on the trading floor (as opposed to abstract valuation models)
- Practical details of the structure and functioning of the equity and derivative markets including translations of trader jargon, Bloomberg tips, market conventions, liquidity and risk considerations and much more…
This book provides the first comprehensive explanation of all aspects of the functioning of the equities division, with information, details and insights previously only available to those who already worked on a trading floor. The availability of this material in a format accessible to non-professionals fundamentally changes the level of industry knowledge employers in the financial services industry can expect of new hires.
Chapter 1. Equity Fundamentals (Part 1): Introduction to Financial Statements.
Chapter 2. Equity Fundamentals (Part 2): Financial Ratios, Valuation and Corporate Actions.
Chapter 3. Cash Market.
Chapter 4. Equity Indices.
Chapter 5. Program Trading.
Chapter 6. Exchange Traded Funds (ETF).
Chapter 7. Forwards and Futures.
Chapter 8. Swaps.
Chapter 9. Options 1.
Chapter 10. Options 2.
Chapter 11. The Trading Floor.
Chapter 12. Macroeconomics for Trading and Sales.
Chapter 13. Economic Data Releases.
Appendix. Mathematical Review.
About the Author.
Matthew Tagliani, CFA, has more than ten years of trading and risk management experience in equity swaps, ETFs, futures, and program trading. He has worked at Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and Credit Suisse and holds a master's degree in applied mathematics from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
The Practical Guide to Wall Street: Equities and Derivatives (US $70.00)
Total List Price: US $130.00
Discounted Price: US $97.50 (Save: US $32.50)